Looking for some book recommendations? Well you’ve found the right place! Here are some of the books that I read and loved.
Recommendations for Harry Potter fans
- Akata Witch by Nnedi Okorafor (this is a ya Nigerian Inspired fantasy) This is mentioned in my March Wrap up
- Nevermoor by Jessica Townsend (a magical middle grade fantasy)
Young Adult Fantasy and sci-fi Recommendations
- Cassandra Clare’s Shadowhuter Chronicles (my favorite series) check out my shadowhunter guide!
- Skyward by Brandon Sanderson (sci-fi action packed novel that’s set in space)
- Warcross by Marie Lu (amazing story and world building)
- The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton (I loved the first book in this doulogy. The world of the Belles is so rich and magical. A review of this book can be found on my blog.)
Mystery or Thriller Recommendations
- Girls With Sharp Sticks by Suzanne Young a review of this book can be found on my blog
- The Similars by Rebecca Hanover a review of this can be found on my blog
- One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus
- The Kingdom by Jess Rothenberg
Middle Grade Recommendations
- Nevermind by Jessica Townsend as mentioned above
- City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab
- Refugee by Alan Gratz
- Grenade by Alan Gratz (Alan has great historical fiction books).
- A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness (this should be a required read in schools).
- A Long Way Down by Jason Reynolds
- Look Both Ways: A Tale Told in Ten Blocks (A collection of short stories ) by Jason Reynolds.
Romance (ya) recommendations
- Famous in a small town by Emma Mill’s (if you’re looking for a humor filled book with a cute romance this is for you!)
- The Geography of lost things by Jessica Brody a review of this can be found on my blog.
- By Your Side by Kasie West (Kasie West writes super cute romances so check out some of her books!)